Why I Wrote Emotional Intelligence for the Busy Professional

I'm excited to announce the publication of my newest book, Emotional Intelligence for the Busy Professional.

This book was born from a simple observation I've made throughout my career: technical expertise alone is no longer enough. I've worked with leaders, managers, educators, government professionals, and business owners who were exceptionally intelligent and highly skilled. Yet many still struggled with difficult conversations, workplace conflict, stress, communication, and building meaningful relationships.

The missing ingredient wasn't knowledge, it was emotional intelligence.

For years, I studied leadership, organizational behavior, psychology, and human performance. I also learned through my own experiences that success isn't determined solely by what we know. It's shaped by how we manage our emotions, respond under pressure, communicate with others, and build trust. Emotional intelligence is one of the most valuable professional and personal skills anyone can develop, yet it's rarely taught in a practical, easy-to-follow way.

That's why I wrote this book.

I wanted to create more than another book about emotional intelligence. I wanted to create a practical guide that busy professionals could actually use. Instead of overwhelming readers with theory, I developed a 30-day roadmap built around my L.E.A.D.E.R.S.H.I.P. Framework: a step-by-step approach designed to help readers strengthen emotional awareness, improve communication, resolve conflict, and become more resilient leaders.

Every chapter is designed to move beyond learning and into action. Through practical exercises, reflection questions, and real-world scenarios, readers can immediately apply what they learn in the workplace, at home, and in their everyday interactions.

My hope is that this book helps people realize that emotional intelligence isn't about avoiding conflict or suppressing emotions. It's about leading with self-awareness, empathy, confidence, and purpose. These are the qualities that strengthen teams, improve relationships, inspire trust, and create lasting success.

Whether you're leading an organization, managing a team, advancing your career, or simply striving to become the best version of yourself, I believe emotional intelligence can transform the way you live and lead.

Thank you to everyone who has supported my writing journey. I hope Emotional Intelligence for the Busy Professional becomes a trusted resource that readers return to again and again, not just for knowledge, but for lasting personal and professional growth.

The journey to becoming a more emotionally intelligent leader begins with a single decision.

I'm honored to be part of yours.

Dr. A.M. Benjamin

Available in paperback, hardcover, kindle ebook, and audiobook on Amazon.

- - - 

Follow Dr. B on social media:

Website | Facebook | Instagram| Youtube | Tiktok

Comments